QA Automation Engineer (Codefi)
Remote, United States
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Codefi at ConsenSys
ConsenSys aims to be the industry leader in decentralized commerce and finance (“DeFi”) and digital asset space. In that capacity, ConsenSys is building tools and services for consumers to easily access and navigate the decentralized ecosystem.
About the role
Codefi is looking for a QA engineer for Codefi Assets & Payments. You’ll be one of the first QA engineers in the team with the scope to help build a best in class team around you.
- Applying Enterprise-grade QA best practises to Codefi development processes and technical stacks
- With the objective to build a high quality digital asset platforms and other components that are at the core of TrustOS (ConsenSys’ North star, a versatile stack of components and microservices services that can be composed to serve any of the 6 focused market opportunities identified)
- Codefi Assets and Payments are specifically focused on 4 market opportunities:
- Institutional Capital Markets
- Asset Management
- Payments & Money
- Global Trade & Commodities
- Create and maintain detailed automated and manual test cases
- Oversee and manage multiple projects at a time
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Leveraging the team and developers to implement end to end testing
- Review requirements and provide knowledgeable feedback to ensure they are thorough and detailed
- Keep thorough documentation of all aspects of a project, including but not limited to:
- Deployment communication
- Detailed bug tickets
- Comprehensive manual and automated test cases
- Actively participate in project development meetings such as backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Build a team to successfully ensure all major software releases meet a high quality standard
- Experience working with automation framework tools such as Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cucumber
- Experience working with containerized applications and AWS CI/CD Offerings
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.