San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is the data platform designed for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. We help thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance in governed and secure ways. Empowered by the insights made possible by the Data Cloud, organizations can tackle challenging opportunities of today and reveal the endless possibilities of tomorrow.
As a Cloud Architect focusing on infrastructure, you will design and develop best practices and solutions to help scale Snowflake by making efficient use of cloud services. Leveraging your broad and deep technical knowledge of cloud services, you will collaborate with internal and external engineering teams to develop production solutions that are secure and reliable across multiple cloud environments. You will convince decision makers from different business functions of the merit of solutions through persuasive verbal and written communication. As the capabilities of cloud platforms evolve, you will evaluate their utility based on a firm grasp of Snowflake's product requirements. Working as part of a larger cross-functional team, you will contribute to complex, high-impact projects and support the successful delivery of market-differentiating features.
- Design and implement systems that embody industry best practice and enable operational excellence across multiple cloud platforms.
- Serve as the resident domain expert around public cloud technologies.
- Lead complex, cross-cloud, cross-functional projects with high impact on Snowflake and the customers we serve.
- Work as part of a broader team with Snowflake's Engineering leadership to support the successful delivery of customer-facing features.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the product and engineering teams of the different cloud providers to influence service development and feature roadmap.
- Evangelize the adoption of best practices at Snowflake through white paper publications, technical seminars, and business presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience with cloud computing or traditional enterprise data-center technologies.
- Experience with industry analysis and enterprise technologies offered by public cloud providers.
- Experience producing technical assets such as code, prototypes, or technical documentation.
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent work experience in a software/systems engineering or lead position
- 10+ years of direct experience working with a variety of enterprise and cloud technology systems, designing solutions, or developing business applications.
- Experience directly managing relationships between internal engineering efforts and cloud provider technical account and support teams.
- Hands on experience with tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Docker, or Kubernetes for managing the configuration of your deployed workloads is encouraged.
- Proficiency with Java, C++, Go, or Python when used to implement large scale pipelines, distributed systems, workload management, or similar enterprise applications.
- Current Architect level certification with a major public Cloud provider.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?