Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1688
Location: Calgary or Edmonton, AB
Apply by: Thursday, April 15th, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Sebastien Rioux
ATB Financial’s enterprise technology infrastructure environment provides the underlying resources to enable ATB products and services. Our valued clients, our team members, and our business systems are all reliant on robust infrastructure to enable safe, secure and reliable operations of business services. The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for the enterprise-wide architecture, design and direction for ATB’s use of hardware and other infrastructure resources, including on-premise data center and hybrid cloud environments.
- Plan and execute projects across all aspects of IT infrastructure, to include coordination with other technical teams and business units.
- Provide consulting advice to various parts of the organization in response to specific business requests, and provide technical input to meet business requirements in the most economical, scalable, and supportable way.
- Lead enterprise-wide infrastructure initiatives, such as optimizing ATB’s spend for on-premise data centers and move to cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for the facilitation and maintenance of strategy and multi-year roadmap documents in support of infrastructure optimization efforts.
- Deliver architecture, designs, and develop standards for enterprise data center, hybrid cloud, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service environments, in line with architectural principles, applying industry best practices and design patterns to create scalable, secure solutions with superior technical performance.
- Drive the advancement of ATB’s overall infrastructure architecture with new technologies and capabilities to lower the general cost, reduce complexity and add value to the business.
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure monitoring and operations; continuous improvement of operations & reliability in an user-centric mindset.
- Ability to understand and design for multi-tiered, layered end-to-end solutions, including integrations.
- Identify and incorporate security requirements into infrastructure design to facilitate required security controls regardless of location (traditional premises or cloud), including hardening documentation, logging, identity management, and other topics as required.
- Identify design gaps in ATB’s infrastructure ecosystem and provide recommendations for improvement or advancement.
- Must be problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and user community and effectively work with external vendors and technology partners.
- Work with stakeholders to derive and communicate timeline expectations for deliverables.
- Balances competing priorities while adhering to deadlines and aligning architecture to achieve value delivery.
- Understanding of business fundamentals, including metrics reporting, business process management, customer centricity and value creation, and business problem solving.
- Minimum 10+ years of infrastructure architecture/design experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- Must have experience working with large scale enterprise IT environments with multiple hardware providers, including but not limited to compute, networking, storage, system sizing, and backup resources.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers. Preferred experience with Google Cloud and AWS.
- Desired in-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies in financial services or related sectors.
- Systems thinking; ability to understand a solution in the broader context of ATB’s services delivery and business capabilities.
- Strong grasp of architecture, market and technology trends.
- Strong leadership skills; prioritization, coaching and mentoring skills to help guide other team members.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of recommendations and decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and bake in cyber security requirements into designs.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!