DevOps Engineer, Smart TV Data Platform
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer, Smart TV Data Platform
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA or Irvine, CA
Samsung is the world’s largest consumer electronics company and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs. Samsung smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation.
The VD intelligence lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services. We have two office locations in California: Irvine and Mountain View. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services. We are looking for DevOps Engineer, who will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. Our ideal candidate should have worked in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments leveraging services beyond basic IaaS provisioning.
You will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain
global cloud infrastructure responsible for collecting, processing and distributing data from Samsung Smart TVs powering a variety of products, from revenue generating, like advertisement and analytics, to improving TV viewing experience through content recommendation and context awareness. The successful candidate must demonstrate mastery of AWS Products, high availability systems, good communication and coordination skills to interface with remote teams.
The job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and test AWS environments and ensure their ongoing support;
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design;
- Work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle;
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of multi-environmental systems;
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues;
- DevOps training and preparation of concise training materials.
- Computer Science or a related field is preferred;
- At least 5 years of professional experience as an Engineer, able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the cloud services like AWS;
- At least 1+ years of experience in design, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure based on Docker and Kubernetes;
- Exposure to Machine Learning concepts;
- Experience build and deploying Machine Learning pipelines;
- Experience supporting mission critical production applications;
- Experience with build, deploy and scaling out SaaS/Cloud applications using the various services provided by AWS;
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like GitHub or Stash (BitBucket);
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation etc.,
- Expert in at least one of these languages - Shell, Python, GoLang;
- Knowledge on different deployment strategies like blue-green deployment;
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for highly available applications;
- Ability to automate AWS deployments and train others;
- Experience with Database Administration, schema design, query analysis, performance tuning, and optimization is a plus.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.