Site Reliability Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Are you a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a passion for reliability, availability, and security? Do you enjoy being hands on in AWS and driving initiatives for cost effectively scaling production systems and utilizing CICD pipelines and infrastructure as code?
As an SR SRE/DevOps engineer, you will report to the Director of Engineering and work with VP of Engineering to drive reliability, availability, security, and operational initiatives, to ensure continued efficiently delivered end user experiences with our products.
As part of the team you’ll be part of a cross-disciplinary team of Engineers and product managers working to change the way seniors age and how homecare agencies manage the business of aging.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely within a team of SRE engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert to support other teams for purposes of client, partner, and vendor development and relations.
- Automate cloud services using technologies like AWS CloudFormation, Serverless, Terraform, Jenkins etc.
- Create and manage monitoring and alerting processes and procedures to ensure actionable alerts are generated, responded to, and eliminated before impacting customers.
- Contribute on root cause analysis and remediation during any disruption of services and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization using validated problem analysis methodology and tracking all elements of the RCA to closure.
- Create and evolve runbooks to facilitate efficient management and troubleshooting.
- Optimize AWS billing, including the selection and management of Reserved Instances.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and test systems and procedures for best practice Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR).
- Identify and follow key trends and emerging technologies that can enhance or impact the solution architecture to drive efficiency.
- Design and implement appropriate Agile platform architecture and DevOps processes, manage engineering tool integrations, and help define the performance engineering strategy for products.
- Seek to standardize the development environment and automate the integration and delivery processes to improve predictability, efficiency, and ease of maintenance.
- Guide the continued growth and success of the team through technical and professional development.
- OnCall support and ensure 24 X 7 availability, performance, and scalability through deployment automation, maintenance, and management of mission-critical cloud-based production systems.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5 years’ experience designing or supporting highly available and fault tolerant AWS systems. Proven experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Golang, and Atlantis)
- 2-5 years’ experience in operations, including defining and implementing infrastructure designs to support large-scale systems.
- 2-5 years of full stack development experience with a proven ability to design, code, edit, and debug computer programs efficiently, including automating tests as appropriate; showing a strong understanding of software development processes and best practices.
Do you stand above the rest?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors
- 2-5 years or equivalent experience as a lead and/or Architect supporting high availability systems and deploying, and optimizing large-scale, mission critical SaaS Solutions in a face paced environment.
- CI/CD setup and tuning (esp. Jenkins)
- Container Based Development (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC, S3, Cloud Formation, PGSQL, Aurora, Redshift
- Development of Python, Django, Lambdas, SQL
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.