Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer with a focus on Citrix to join our team.
Do you have a passion for automation and a love of the Cloud? If so, you may be our next great hire! We are looking for a motivated engineer that is well versed in virtualized application presentation and who likes a new challenge every day.
A Day in the Life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy Citrix XenApp applications, software, and/or enhancements to existing XenApp applications throughout the enterprise. Ensure that XenApp deployments meet business requirements and goals, as well as fulfill user requirements. Assess need for any Citrix system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
- Assess the need for XenApp remote access, security, and collaboration solutions across the organization.
- Ensure that any XenApp integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Set and administer server storage space allotments, resource reservations, and directory assistance (i.e. Active Directory, NDS, etc.).
- Prepare and conduct training and presentations for the edification of end-users and other employees whose workflows are affected by XenApp.
- Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of Citrix servers. Identify and resolve systems issues, including installing and configuring patches and upgrades as required. Identify and resolve problems affecting Citrix infrastructure performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner.
- Analyze XenApp application usage and plan for growth or increases in network capacity and/or licensing.
- Add, remove, certify, and move new or existing end-user accounts and administer permissions and access rights.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for Citrix system administration and appropriate use.
- Administer XenApp applications access and support efforts for remote user through a Citrix Access Gateway.
- Recommend any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful Citrix deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for Citrix products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings. Negotiate contracts with Citrix software and service providers.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5 years or equivalent experience in IT Systems Engineering
- Able to translate business requests and problem management cases into actionable work efforts
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and can resolve issues within the physical, data layer, network layer, transport layer and presentation layer throughout the datacenter, which includes hardware, software, systems and platforms
Do you stand above the rest?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors;
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience in a SaaS environment or equivalent demonstration in an enterprise environment that supported large hosted applications for large amounts of end users
- At least 3 years hands-on experience in a HIPPA environment, or equivalent demonstration of similar regulator controls and processes
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience designing, configuring and deploying SAN’s, networks servers, hypervisors, presentation services, user authentication systems and major hardware and software vendors
- At least 3 years’ hands-on handling incidents, problems and business requests in a SaaS or equivalent enterprise environment
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience working within and creating InfoSec and compliance solutions, controls and processes (MFA, SSO, Audits, Policy Review, Anti-Virus/Malware, IDS, IPS, Pen and Vulnerability Testing, VPN’s, Certs, SSL/TLS, Firewalls etc.)
- Has at least 2 years’ working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and/or KanBan
- Experience of software development processes and web applications a plus
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.