Senior DevOps Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
This role will build, maintain, and troubleshoot the production and nonproduction environments. The role will be involved with cloud transformation initiatives that will include implementing new technologies and automation to ensure high availability, performance, security, and recoverability.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Apply cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) computing skills to automate, implement and migrate existing solutions to the cloud.
- Configure and administer Kubernetes environments.
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain Development, QA, Stage, and Production environments.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Optimize the products computing architecture.
- Responsibilities also include close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Senior level experience in software development lifecycle automation (DevOps)
- Proven experience maintaining and configuring Kubernetes container orchestration system, including Azure Kubernetes Service and Kubernetes with Rancher
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Azure DevOps
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- Azure and Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience with infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL and SQL Server
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can build and maintain Java, C# and .NET Core applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team.
- Azure or GCP Experience
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Python, bash, PowerShell
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.