Team Lead DevOps Engineer / DevOps Architect Manager
Remote - United States
Join a team of world-class DevOps engineers working on exciting projects.
Caylent is a rapidly growing dev-ops-as-a-service consulting firm. We specialize in working with Kubernetes for cloud-native projects in AWS and GCP as well as serverless. Our engineers enjoy wearing various hats of a boutique firm without the corporate headaches.
We provide our clients with an end-to-end white glove experience that starts with assisting their developers design, implement and operate today’s most cutting-edge Cloud Native technologies, including Kubernetes orchestration, cloud infrastructure as code, security+compliance and dynamic monitoring and workload visibility.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction.
If these things matter to you, read on and apply.
Note: Not hiring C2C. Not able to provide sponsorship.
- Manage a team of 5 - 10 DevOps engineers
- Kickoff new client engagements
- Participate in standups, sprint planning retrospectives, and more
- Interface with clients to propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Construct and plan joint backlogs
- Automate, streamline, and optimize cost on client operations and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in client dev, test, and production environments
- Structure and maintain software configuration management systems
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- 5+ years hands-on experience in the following:
- Leading and managing a team of engineers
- Consultative approach to internal or external clients
- Designing and maintaining modern application CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, GCP)
- Designing and creating Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Container orchestration tools, especially Kubernetes
- YAML configuration management tools (e.g. Helm, Ansible)
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging
- Automated code review and testing tools
- Developer workflow tools
- Ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- A passion for delivering zero defect code and for ensuring your deliverables meet or exceed expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Experience with Serverless using the Serverless Framework is a plus
- Certifications in: GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, DevOps or related preferred
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) are a plus
- 100% remote, work from home or in a shared workspace
- Competitive base salary plus commission and bonus program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- State of the art laptop and tools
- Individual professional development plan
- Fun corporate events
- Work with an amazing worldwide team and in an incredible corporate culture
Caylent is a specialty Consultant and DevOps/Cloud Managed Services provider (DevOps-as-a-Service) with an emphasis on Kubernetes to software-enabled companies, mostly high-growth software startups. Our clients rely on Caylent engineers to architect, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships, where we become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. That means every Caylent engineer is client-facing. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day without corporate headaches.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction. If these things matter to you, read on, and apply.
NOTE: We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.