Director, Platform Engineering
Raleigh, North Carolina (Remote)
This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Director of Platform Engineering eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Director of Platform Engineering will help us build our platform on the frontend and backend. You will provide technical leadership to a team of full stack engineers, backend engineers and frontend engineers and help design and build a platform that is performant and scalable, while also creating an experience that has a direct impact on patients lives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implementing best practice engineering methods
- Providing technical guidance to engineering teams
- Partnering with other leaders across the company to align and address longer term engineering goals and priorities.
- Developing goals and strategies to support organizational objectives
- Developing and delivering platform engineering roadmap
- Responsible for resource planning and management
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and managing KPIs for engineering teams
- Understanding the market and our end customers.
- Fostering and maintaining a work environment that supports collaboration
- BS in Computer Science or Mathematics
- 10+ years of progressive, enterprise software development experience
- 8+ years in managing software engineers
- Must have experience building both frontend and backend
- Medical and scientific knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience with Mulesoft, Node.js, REACT, REACT native, a plus
- Experience with computer systems validations, a plus
- Experience defining and implementing coding guidance and engineering methodologies
- Experience building with a variety of different architectural styles – monolithic, SOA web services, microservices, etc
- Experience building large scale SaaS systems
- Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with cloud platform providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google cloud, Azure or others
- Experience building software for international users
- Strong drive to completion and for solving problems
- Results and data driven
- Action oriented
- Strong leadership and professional skills, including ability to effectively communicate and motivate large teams of employees
- Experience building highly performant, available, scalable and resilient products
- Working knowledge on architectural methodologies, design patterns and anti-patterns on frontend, backend and database layers
- A passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
- Position will require some domestic and possible international travel
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Position requires ability to perform under minimal supervision. All projects are assigned by the Vice President of Engineering, to whom the Director, Platform Engineering reports.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!