Senior Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for the fully automated develop/build/test/deploy system that Appian uses to manage its development of its core automation stack, especially its bleeding-edge RPA and ML offerings. You will work directly with the development team to assess and prioritize the current and upcoming needs of the organization, design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our development lifecycle, and maintain, troubleshoot and fix issues that impede our team’s progress.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing, configuring and enhancing our infrastructure, especially our CI/CD pipelines for RPA and ML features, using GitLab, Terraform, Jenkins, and custom tooling
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes and Docker, and designing and building new infrastructure features to increase product quality, decrease cycle time, and improve developer efficiency
- Automating infrastructure updates as dependent technologies evolve and scale (JDK, Python, application container baselines)
- Influencing the technology roadmap in support of our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle
- Enabling and supporting downstream teams to do DevSecOps well
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering and trends including CI, CD and Blue-Green Deployment
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS, and both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience designing and building software or software systems in an enterprise software or SaaS/PaaS environment
- Strong working knowledge of prevalent build and automation languages, such as Gradle, GitLab YAML and Bash/PowerShell
- A knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & strong oral and written communication skills
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.