Software or Sr. Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA
DeepMap is a start-up that is laser focused on building the third revolution and new paradigm of mapping. We provide HD Mapping and Localization as-a-service for automotive and other robotic applications. At DeepMap you will be surrounded by a world-class team of engineering, business, and product minds with the confidence of being backed by some of the most well respected investors.
The infrastructure team has a variety of responsibilities, including cloud infrastructure, backend services, distributed computing platform, map pipeline workflow management, CI/CD process, etc. We build platforms, web services, and tools to ingest terabytes of sensor data through a complex pipeline with advanced deep learning models and math algorithms to produce the highest quality HD maps for self driving cars.
Our backend and infrastructure team is looking for software engineers at all experience levels. If you are an independent problem solver, have a strong drive to excel, and are looking for opportunities to make a big splash in the booming autonomous driving industry, this is the right place for you.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop large scale cloud infrastructure with infrastructure-as-code approach in public cloud (currently AWS)
- Design and develop complex data processing pipelines in cloud.
- Improve infrastructure performance, scalability, and availability.
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in both development and production environments.
To be successful, you will have:
- Good programming skills with Java, Go, C++, and/or Python.
- Knowledge of big data technologies: Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Flink, NoSQL, relational database, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with service build, deploy, and release process.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- Good communication skills and team player.
- A technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with building internet service automation pipelines is plus.