Junior Data & Automation Engineer
Join our HelloFresh Family
At HelloFresh we love food and our mission is to change the way people eat forever. That change comes conveniently packaged in a box - a HelloFresh Box, filled with the best fresh ingredients.
With our meal boxes with easy to cook recipes and fresh ingredients, we are driving change in the quickly evolving food industry. From developing our recipes to delivering the boxes - the customer is at the center of everything we do. Our aim is to make every meal a moment to look forward to, for everyone at the table. No surprise then that data is our friend and for us, learning never stops. We make quick but informed decisions and as a fast-growing company, we value flexibility and speed.
We need you!
For our young and passionate team, we are looking for a Junior Data & Automation Engineer. As a Junior Data & Automation Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be part of a growing team which will focus on improving and/or building new workflow tools for all the different teams. For example building a data pipeline for the marketing department or building a mapping tool in python for the procurement team..
You’ll be working on:
- designing, creating and managing ETL pipelines;
- Building completely new and scalable workflow tools from scratch and collaborating closely with the different stakeholders;
- Developing and supporting in the creation of a centralized server-based workflow hub;
- Taking ownership and maintaining, adjusting or improving existing workflow tools;
- Collaborating closely with our global Tech team, which is based in Berlin.
Are you our perfect new colleague?
- You have a master’s degree (such as Informatics, Information Sciences or Technical Business Administration)
- Relevant work experience (0 – 2 years) from your studies or an internship
- Some experience with Python (you are able to extract, process and load data)
- Some experience with SQL (you are able to load a table from our data warehouse)
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to translate business questions to data solutions
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
You have a keen interest in learning more about the following subjects: :
- working with job orchestration tools like Airflow
- Deploying automation tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- working with Amazon AWS
- Google apps script
What do we offer you?
- Make a serious impact on creating more efficient processes within a fast-growing tech company;
- A lot of learning- and development opportunities within a young and dynamic e-commerce company;
- Freedom of idea and initiative, execution and implementation of your own ideas and initiatives;
- You can make use of the company benefits, like food and fruit in the office, sports classes, such as yoga, boot camp, and boxing class.
- An amazing team and office in Amsterdam - check it out here!
- Next, to that, you also get a discount on the HelloFresh Box.
- And of course, you’ll get compensated.
What does the recruitment process look like?
After applying we take a look at your resume and cover letter. If we see a match, we will invite you within 5 working days for a video call to get to know each other a bit better. Are we still positive? We will schedule another video interview at our headquarters in Amsterdam. If both sides would like to proceed we will schedule a final chat with our CEO as the last step in the interview process. We will schedule the interviews one after the other quickly, in order to let you know as fast as possible if you can start at HelloFresh!
You’re hungry for more?
Nice, we got you covered! Apply now below with your complete application documents, gladly also without a photo and without stating nationality, marital status, gender, religion or other discriminatory characteristics.
At HelloFresh we celebrate diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.`
We’d like to work with our own recruiting agencies. Proactive talent acquisition is therefor not appreciated.