Senior DevOps Engineer
pureIntegration is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team in assisting customers in migrating to and operating in public and hybrid cloud environments. The ideal candidate will show demonstrated experience in evaluating on-premise infrastructure and applications to understand architecture and dependencies, and select the most appropriate application method. The candidate will also have experience in estimating the cost of migrating and operating applications in public cloud. Besides migration, the candidate will be familiar with maintaining stability, uptime and performance for applications hosted in AWS by implementing automation, monitoring, configuration management, and other DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering concepts.
CONTRACT ROLE: 1099 or W2 Hourly
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop deep expertise in the architecture, operations and performance management of currently on-premise infrastructure and applications to architect the correct migration path when moving to public cloud
- Develop an understanding of existing systems deployment and management techniques, tools and gaps to suggest better ways of working
- Review architectures and operational practices; produce documented recommendations for operational improvements in areas such as security, reliability, automation, infrastructure as code and scalability.
- Execute a plan to use automation technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, SSM, Lambda, Cloud Custodian, Datadog, CloudWatch and others to drive build, deployment and ongoing operations
- Provide guidance in design, deployment, and operations of cloud infrastructure and applications to end clients
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- 7+ years of total technology experience
- 4+ years experience migrating to and managing applications in AWS
- 4+ years DevOps experience
- Experience in managing infrastructures spanning thousands of instances
- Demonstrable experience with core AWS services including EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Lambda, CloudWatch, SSM, etc
- Experience with Windows-based architectures on AWS
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, SSM and Cloud Custodian
- Experience with performance management tools such as DataDog and CloudWatch
- Experience with CI/CD tools and DevOps processes
- Experience in migration of large multi-tier on-premise applications to AWS the require HA and DR
- Software development experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent work experience
AWS Professional Level Certification in Solutions Architecture or DevOps Engineering
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.