Head of DevOps
San Francisco, CA
Posted 4 months ago
Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
At Expanse, we're monitoring the global Internet. That's a lot of data. To help us manage the infrastructure we require to process these data, we're looking for a Director of DevOps.
As the Director of DevOps at Expanse, you'll own our Cloud infrastructure, building and owning our CI/CD platform as well as the execution infrastructure for our entire product line running in GCP and AWS. You'll guide senior-level contributors in their careers, as well as participating in day-to-day infrastructure work and the 24x7 on-call rotation. You'll work closely with other leaders in the Expanse Engineering and Product teams to build our product and technical roadmap. You'll be responsible for your team's execution of that roadmap, developing the KPIs required to monitor execution. You and your team will provide the tools, infrastructure, process and know-how to our development teams that will enable them to deploy and monitor their products in production, products that in turn ensure the safety and security of some of the largest companies in the world.
If you're looking for an opportunity to have a huge impact by building world class products that solve problems that nobody else can solve, we'd love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the Expanse Engineering organization as a leader setting departmental direction, policies, goals and project coordination
- Build, manage, and support a team of DevOps engineers using transparent, data-driven metrics
- Build and support infrastructure to allow feature teams to deploy, monitor and support their products in production
- Establish and implement Cloud best practice policies
- Identify critical infrastructure initiatives; build a plan and execute
- Help track and manage infrastructure costs and budgets
- Coordinate with Engineering leaders across scrum teams to ensure timely delivery of features, bug fixes, and infrastructure improvements into multiple production environments
- Develop, track and report on KPIs related to maintenance, product development, platform performance and platform stability
- Drive technical excellence and overall team success
- 7+ years industry experience in a hands-on DevOps role
- 5+ years experience in personnel management of DevOps teams and working with development teams to support and improve their software delivery processes
- Significant experience working with AWS, GCP or other dynamically-scalable cloud environments
- Actively follow technology industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Experience owning production operations for SaaS products
- Experience setting project schedules and managing deliverables
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience with containers (bonus for Kubernetes)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation or similar)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!
Expanse Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.