Frontend Developer - IBM Budapest Lab Cloud Kubernetes Service
Budapest, Budapest, HU
As IBM Cloud has been standardizing on Kubernetes and containerized software IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS) has become the backbone of IBM Cloud. As Customers are moving more and more workload into Kubernetes environments, the platform is rapidly growing, it is the fastest growing area in IBM Cloud right now. Our team has both open source contributors to multiple projects including Kube, containerd as well as Istio, while we are open sourcing several components of our stack. The same team also has members who are planning, building and running IKS for both IBM internal teams as well as external Customers. Just to take a few, we are running the Watson AI platform, Weather.com, Maersk, Car2go, American Airlines, etc.
The opportunity is to join this team for skilled individuals who want to be part of building a platform we are proud of and Customers love to use. We have team members from all around the world, from the United States (Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, Rochester, MN, San Francisco, CA), United Kingdom, Germany, China, India.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced UI developers who are not afraid of learning Kubernetes to deliver platform for business critical applications for both IBM services as well as Customer deployments. The successful candidate will work as a Front End Developer as part of the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Network team. The potential impact is very high and measured on a global scale. If you want to challenge yourself, learn new things and grow this may be a good opportunity for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As part of a product development team, understanding user needs, and exploring user centered designs
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
- Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code
- Identifying and addressing design, development, and delivery performance bottlenecks
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing front end development best practices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant experience
- 3+ years UI / Front End Development
- Knowledge of React, react router, Node, Express, redis, etc
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Be adaptable to changing conditions (technology, business, client requirements)
- Open mindedness, ability to take into consideration multiple aspects in your work (like technology, business, clients, sustainability)
- Curiosity, ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Ownership mindset: own the services you create, own your decisions, learn from failures
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a multicultural environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues
- Good communication skills in English.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Kubernetes Node Open source React Redis