Senior Automation Engineer, Quality Assurance
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
As a member of the quality engineering team, you will be helping to develop and enhance our next generation testing platform. We are as automated as possible and always trying to find new ways to increase speed and efficiency in the platform. You will work closely with development and product teams to release and maintain new features without compromising on quality.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, debug, and maintain test scripts, test cases, and automation frameworks for our web applications and back end services.
- Report defects discovered during automated test runs.
- Evaluate tools/technologies to continue enhancing the automation framework.
- Work collaboratively with other Quality Engineers and Developers.
What you should know
- 5-8 years of experience with modern, open-source testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Cypress Or JUnit.
- Experience working with Jira or another story/defect tracker.
- Experience with Test Rails, or another test case management tool.
- Familiar with common SDLC practices.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Design, and Design Patterns.
- Competency with Git Source Control and reviewing pull requests.
- RESTful services testing experience.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology (SCRUM/Kanban).
- Are an innovator and tinkerer to your core.
- Maintain a healthy balance of disciplined feature velocity, test planning with day-to-day flexibility.
- Background working on mature, “four nines” mentality web applications.
- Comfortable with and have experience working in small, fast-moving teams with “just enough” process.
- Thrive in an environment of loose direction and trust.
- Love to break sh*t for a living.
It would be great if you also had
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Cypress, k6, or Postman is a huge plus!
- Familiarity with Splunk or another log tracking software.
- Experience in cross-browser and mobile web testing.
- Familiarity with common CI/CD methodologies in testing code on it’s way to production.
- Knowledge of containerization and container management.
- Some experience with load and performance testing.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.