Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1638
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Wednesday April 7th, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Mos Saleh
Reporting to the Director, Cloud Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Lead direct and indirect reports in the development governance and maintenance of architectural patterns, frameworks and standards that align with corporate strategy, best practices that enable business value, meet SLA requirements, and are deployable at scale for / in our Cloud Platform.
- Leader and participant in the federated architecture community, working closely with other technology teams and stakeholders to ensure products and services are developed and maintained in alignment with technology standards and business objectives.
- Work with technical teams and stakeholders to understand the current state and target state; owning the technology roadmap and setting the architectural strategy to ensure delivery of ATBs Cloud Platform.
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the current and target state architecture in accordance with constraints and within corporate risk appetite.
- Review product level architectures and details designs in order to ensure compliance with the program level solution architecture.
- Collaborate with peers within Development, DevOps, QA to ensure strategic and tactical alignment between the Technology Strategies & Architecture and other teams.
- Provide and maintain awareness of architecture patterns and any applicable changes to the teams within the various teams
- 10+ years of Architecture and Software development experience that includes experience and understanding of micro services architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Solid experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including Event based architecture, Cloud based deployments, REST/API first applications, mobile and web technologies
- Hands on experience with automation/DevOps/SRE activities with gitops.
- Experience with Public Cloud platforms, such as GCP and AWS.
- Experience with container-orchestration such as Kubernetes(GKE), and Serverless Platform.
- Understands product delivery elements (i.e., meeting delivery timelines, testing bottlenecks, constraints) and shares risks in the actual progress of delivery outcomes that the product team is delivering
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, consultative, and team communication / facilitative skills with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams to deliver solutions and acting as a liaison between business, product and technical project team members.
- Assists the project manager in the creation of project estimates, costs and identification of issues and risks.
- Creates appropriate solution architecture deliverables such as solution assessments, business and technical architectures, and conceptual designs.
Experience with Google Cloud Platform including VPC configuration, Network isolation and data encapsulation for N tier application design. Other areas of GCP expertise that are preferred include working knowledge of:
- Network perimeter control in GCP (firewall rules and IAP, VPC Service Control)
- GCP Load balancer (Global, network, HTTP(S), SSL Proxy, TCP proxy) and Cloud Armor
- Data protection and ex-filtration with DLP API, identification and redaction of PII.
- GCP network security and access within GCP cloud environment
- GCP IAM model, ACLs, Service accounts, Roles and Policies
- Enterprise Architect - Expertise in SAP, S4/HANA, Banking Services, Payment Engine, CRM, etc
- Database experiences (HANA, DB2)
- Enterprise Architect that has worked on an SAP S4 HANA transformations
- Expertise in SAP Banking Solutions
- Multiple years of experience in developing solution architectures
- Experience with SAP full application lifecycle management
- Experience in migrating SAP Workloads to Public Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Architecting SAP Solution in a massive scale, resiliency, etc
- Implementation experience as SAP technical architect
- Experience in building Enterprise Level, scalable and highly available SAP infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!