Staff Cloud Platform Engineer, DataFleets
San Francisco, CA, United States
LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) powers data collaboration by making it safe and easy to connect the world's data, people, and applications. We are one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses—the enabling product behind >700 enterprise customers and many of the world's biggest brands and technology platforms. LiveRamp recently acquired DataFleets, a Silicon Valley leader in privacy-preserving and federated data analytics, and is continuing to build their engineering team.
Privacy enhancing technologies (PETs) like differential privacy and federating learning have tremendous market-demand and strong theoretical foundations. We are building a future in which all data, anywhere, can be connected and useful without compromising individual data privacy. The LiveRamp engineering team is making this grand vision a reality. DataFleets operates like a startup within a larger company, stays on the bleeding-edge of research in PETs, and bridges the gap between theory and practice by employing rigorous software engineering practices to develop technology.
- Design and build distributed, scalable, resilient services and systems that power LiveRamp’s multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with product and data scientists to solve complex problems at a global scale
- Design and build services that will securely deploy and manage resources enabling data collaboration across all major cloud providers
- Setup and maintain Infrastructure & Product Reliability monitoring and alerting
- Design cloud infrastructure to enable data collaboration capabilities that allow different parties to connect their own data.
- Build tools that enable data analysts and data scientists to turn data into actionable insights.
- Work in close collaboration with global team members based in California, Colorado, London and elsewhere.
- 8+ years of combined experience in the fields of DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure or production engineering
- Extensive experience in designing and building applications in Go, C/C++, Kotlin or other statically typed programming languages and enjoys picking up new languages.
- Must have experience with core concepts and developing services that leverage the Kubernetes API.
- Experience with designing and developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Enjoy working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Just lazy enough to continuously automate your day job
- Experience developing federated cloud deployments across regions
- Experience using cloud native tools such as Helm, Envoy, Prometheus, traefik and/or others listed on landscape.cnf.io.
- Experience working with multi cloud setups
- Experience with designing and building systems that use the Kubernetes Go client to integrate with Kubernetes API.
- Experience with securing systems in a public cloud environment
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.