Test Infrastructure Engineer, Quality
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
With the growth and maturity of the Vault product, there’s a need for infrastructure and tooling that enables more robust testing approaches which exercise Vault and its ecosystem fully. The Vault customer base is varied, but includes demanding companies that run global economies. The scope of this role goes beyond Vault, and includes new products presently being built, but which may share many of those customers.
This role is not about manual testing, nor is it about writing tests for the software itself. This role is about building automation that runs tests and manages its infrastructure, and about creating tools, scripts and frameworks that enable developers to write tests themselves.
Through this role you will help us increase the quality and reduce the risk of releasing our software through automation. You will also be enabling our developers to better understand our systems’ scalability and performance characteristics at a deeper level.
- Knowledge and fluency in Go or another high-level language
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Automation scripting experience with languages such as bash, Python or Ruby
- Understanding of software testing and testability
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines and pre-production environments is a plus
- Experience working in a systems operation capacity is a plus
- Experience with HashiCorp Terraform, HashiCorp Nomad, and Kubernetes is a plus
- Build and maintain reliable automation that provisions infrastructure at scale to handle the engineering team’s needs as it relates to correctness and scalability of software.
- Automating processes to proactively detect regressions, bugs, and other issues.
- Working closely with other teams to enable and enhance their workflows and productivity.
- Make it easy for engineers to write unit, integration, load, and other kinds of tests.
- Help quantify quality improvements in the delivered software
- Adopt, improve and advocate for our vision for the quality of Vault and other security products
- Work with the engineering and support teams to reproduce complex scenarios reported by customers, and enable engineers to write regression tests to fix and prevent them.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault Quality team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.