DevOps System Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
The DevOps System Engineer is responsible for the executing the efforts and duties around building and maintaining the systems and applications in SaaS hosted environments that contain sensitive PHI and PII data.
The DevOps System Engineer is responsible for the administration and monitoring of production environments to ensure high availability, performance, security, and recoverability.
The DevOps System Engineer will assist with assessment and implementing new technologies and tools to standardize, improve and automate processes.
- Creates standards and leads the efforts to install, configure and maintain high performing, highly available infrastructure and applications in a 24/7 SaaS environment located in datacenters and public clouds
- Assists with production change management processes, software deployments, server patching and participates in on call duties
- Automate manual processes to improve operations and efficiency
- Implement and manage delivery pipelines for continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Utilize system monitoring tools and implementing health checks to ensure high availability
- Assists with cloud transformations initiatives including migration of systems and applications
- Leads the efforts to create and maintain documentation as it relates to system builds and configurations, system administration, associated processes, policies, including business continuity and disaster recovery
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and complies with HIPAA and other privacy and security practices and all required regulatory controls in accordance with NIST Cyber Security Framework, FIPS, 45 CFR § 160 and 164 as required
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional groups and working groups
- Resolves and documents incidents and problems effectively and in a timely manner
- Responds to the needs and requests of clients and management and teams in a professional and expedient manner
- Strong Windows & Linux system administration background
- Experience with Postgres and SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and demonstrates competence with SQL.
- Expert knowledge of datacenters and datacenter technologies and commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in Information Technology with excellent analytical skills
- Install, configure and maintain various compute platforms
- Proficient in scripting (e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences or other STEM related majors
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in IT
- Able to translate business requests and problem management cases into actionable work efforts, project plans and architectures
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and can mentor and assist others to resolve issues within the physical, data layer, network layer, transport layer and presentation layer; throughout the datacenter, which includes hardware, software, systems and platforms
- Experience with container orchestration tools, preferably Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud services including Azure DevOps
- Experience with Terraform to implement infrastructure as code
- At least 2 years’ hands-on experience in a SaaS environment or equivalent demonstration in an enterprise environment that supported large hosted applications for large amounts of end users
- At least 2 years’ hands-on handling incidents, problems and business requests in a SaaS or equivalent enterprise environment
- At least 2 years’ working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and/or KanBan
- Experience of software development processes, open-source software, and web application development a plus
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.