Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Do you want to help us create a delightful developer experience?
About the Infra Team
Infrastructure is a small, but growing team, currently consisting of ten people from all over the world. We are responsible for creating scalable solutions for deploying and running code on multiple clouds. We provide common services and tooling across Cognite engineering in order to deliver a great and consistent developer experience. This includes fostering an engineering culture, providing build tools and processes, and a framework for deploying and running applications including observability and alerting.
As we are growing at a rapid speed, we need more people who want to help us build the ultimate developer experience, and scale our organization by automating the build and deployment processes.
About our Tech stack:
We work with open-source cloud-native technologies. Our applications are containerized using Docker and deployed to Kubernetes via Spinnaker. When it comes to observability we use Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and Lightstep for traces. We run our services in multiple clouds including Google (with Google Kubernetes Engine), OpenShift on bare-metal, and Azure (Azure Kubernetes Service).
About the job to be done:
- Develop a robust infrastructure for deploying Cognite’s products on multiple clouds (including Azure, Google, and On-Premise)
- Work with other engineering teams in Cognite to improve and adapt their services to run smoothly on Kubernetes
- Use and contribute to open source tools such as Kubernetes, Envoy, Terraform, Prometheus, Spinnaker and Grafana
- Tackle and solve challenging problems in areas such as network security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, monitoring, tracing, authentication and authorization, and secret management in a multi-cloud environment
- Help shape the culture of the infrastructure team as well as the wider overall culture of Cognite
- Broad experience with DevOps practices such as CI/CD and Infrastructure as code
- Cloud experience
- Familiar with Go, Python or other programming languages
- Familiarity and experience with our tech stack is beneficial
- Passionate about automation
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar amount of experience
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing software companies in the world
- Shape your role to take advantage of your skillset and drive your growth
- Receive competitive salary and benefits such as a pension plan, private insurance, parental leave benefits, and more
- Take extra paid time off during winter holidays in addition to your regular vacation
- Gain perks like a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection
- Get access to extended private health services
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options
- Stay fueled between meals with free snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Stay in shape with a free membership to our fully-staffed gym, dedicated workout time included
- Bond with your teammates with your favorite hobby, book club, game nights, team sports activities, or regular Cognite social events
- Take advantage of free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way the application assessment.
Application deadline: ASAP