Director of Engineering, Compute and Storage Infrastructure
San Francisco or Remote
The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As the Director of Compute and Storage Infrastructure, you will shape, socialize, and execute on Reddit’s strategy for foundational infrastructure; a multi-cloud compute orchestration environment, tiered storage and live data systems, and the observability systems behind all of Reddit.
How You’ll have impact:
Reporting into the global Head of Infrastructure, you will coordinate with stakeholders to understand Reddit’s core service priorities across all of our product lines. Though this, you will guide design, development, and adoption of core tech stack to provide compute, service networking, and essential data systems. This stack will operate in multiple cloud environments, and provide a managed platform for Reddit to rapidly deliver reliable, performant, and efficient services to our end users.
You will be accountable for building, growing, and mentoring a world-class team of engineers to help Reddit reach its goal of bringing community and belonging to everyone.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, drive and execute the long term vision and strategy for flexible and scalable long-term compute and production storage systems used by all of Reddit’s products.
- Support the reliable operation of these systems as a Platform for Reddit products
- Lead, manage and grow high-calibre engineering teams.
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members to evolve in their roles.
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work with external vendors and aid build vs buy decisions.
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years experience of managing teams of software and infrastructure engineers.
- 10+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- Professional experience and capability with essential cloud infrastructure systems (Kubernetes, AWS, GCE).
- Preferred experience in data infrastructure systems (RDBMS, Distributed KV, and caching);
- Track record of assembling high functioning organization
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities