Senior DevOps Engineer (Bank Channel)
Theale, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for an Senior DevOps Engineer to innovate, win, and grow with us!
You will be working as a key member of an agile team on exciting products for a growing Fintech company. Working with your DevOps colleagues and the development teams you will bring your enthusiasm for DevOps to the role. You will be helping to operate, administer, configure and maintain a suite of SaaS solutions with architecture ranging from traditional three tier approaches to containerised microservice applications in Kubernetes with elastic search. We are still in the early stages of this transition and are looking for someone to be a key part of making it a success !
The candidate must have experience in some of the following areas:
- Working in an Agile DevOps culture
- Experience with Automation ideally Puppet
- Experience with containerisation Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Java application servers e.g. WebLogic
- Experience with database setup, restore and mirroring. Ideally Oracle, MSSQL and Elastic Search
- Experience with Load balancers, pools, health monitors, SSL exchange and ASM, ideally on F5
- Code life cycle deployment and related tools like Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Nexus and Pulp
- Configuration and setup of enterprise monitoring and alerting infrastructures such as Promethius, Icinga, OEM
- Experience with Redhat Linux/CentOS and MS Windows Server operating systems, comfortable on a Linux command line.
- Experience with backup solutions, ideally Commvault
- Understanding of fundamental security principles for network traffic and third-party software
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NFS, Windows 2008/2016 domains, TCP/IP, SMTP, IIS, SSL, Internet Infrastructure, and IP informational tools
- Some experience with scripting languages (Perl, Bash, Ruby, Python)
- Problem triage/solving skills and ability to work independently in order to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), documentation and organizational skills
- A team player attitude with a strong work ethic
- Puppet, Terraform
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Springboot , Weblogic, .Net Core
- Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres
- Elastic Search
- F5 Application firewall
- Active Directory
- Python, Scripts etc
Required Background and Skills:
- Substantial relevant experience
- Degree in computer science related field or equivalent work experience
- General programming skills for automation of administrative actions
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.