Senior DevOps Architect
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATB Ventures: Putting the future in the hands of our customers
An extension of ATB Financial, ATB Ventures was started back in 2018, knowing that the convergence of data with powerful emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning would pave the way for major disruption and value creation that exceeded the digital transformation of the past 20 years.
ATB Ventures is a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who having been building emerging solutions from scratch - including Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), Proof (Digital credential wallet) and more.
After 2 years of many great accomplishments and interesting challenges, we’re seeking an experienced, driven, and diverse coder and leader to join our team and help shape the future of ATB Ventures.
Job Number: REQ1611
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Friday April 2nd 2021
Paygrade: UR - Under Review
# Positions available: 1
About the role | What we are looking for...
ATB Ventures is looking for a Senior DevOps Architect to join our technology team and lead the planning, design, deployment, configuration and implementation of our CI/CD pipelines to automate our software and data delivery processes. In this role, you will leverage leading edge technologies and enable our talented team of engineers and data scientists to bring our ideas to life. You wear many hats with ease and continuously draw on both the breadth and depth of your expertise to experiment and develop meaningful solutions.
You are an analytical thinker and enjoy working with deep tech, microservice architectures, serverless code, cloud-native software, infrastructure-as-code and other cutting edge technologies. You have a deep understanding of fundamental DevOps principles, security management and infrastructure roadmapping and evangelize their benefits with the engineering team, while rolling up your sleeves to lead by example.
Key competencies | What competencies we need in an ideal candidate…
Customer Focused: You are someone who can design and build scalable CI/CD pipelines by working closely with your internal customers to enable them to ship the best code possible. Using your breadth of experience, you automate routine processes and recommend solutions that consider technical fit as well as business impact.
Growth and performance-oriented: It doesn’t matter if it’s Gradle, Groovy, Docker, Python, Ansible, Java or shell script - you know it or you can swiftly pick it up. You care about building fast, reliable, secure and resilient solutions for your internal customers. You partner closely with software engineers to solve their pain points. You enable the engineers to ship the best code possible.
Summary of responsibilities | What you will be responsible for day-to-day...
- Work with a multidisciplinary engineering team to build out robust CI/CD pipelines.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of existing and new solutions spanning software engineering and ML algorithms.
- Manage code repositories using GitHub and GitLab.
- Plan for and execute cloud migrations.
- Work with engineering teams and architect teams to build out best practices around network, infrastructure and security.
- Helps institute superior technology capabilities with diligence, attention to detail and technical acumen.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities
- Raise the bar for our engineering team by defining and iterating on infrastructure best practices.
- Work with the team to explore new ideas through experimentation, prototypes and fast feedback
- Focus on open standards and open source before seeking a proprietary solution to a problem
- Live, breathe, and work in the Cloud
- Utilize Scrum and other Agile methodologies to complete tasks and accomplish workflows.
- As a teammate at ATB Financial, you will agree to uphold our values and Code of Conduct.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Science or related field at an accredited college or university.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps and managing the software development process and creating automated delivery pipelines.
- Leadership mindset with operational experience and a strong ability to problem-solve.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform management and monitoring.
- Familiarity with container orchestration services (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code using Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools (GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Practical experience with serverless architecture.
- Proficiency in networking and network security concepts.
- Experience with Docker, and microservice architectures is preferred.
- Experience with relational as well as non-relational data stores, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- A proactive approach to identifying technical risk and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Self-starter, with the ability to establish OKRs, KPIs, milestones and keep projects on task and strong strategic thinking skills
- Empathetic, relatable, responsible
- Work in an agile environment with various stakeholders to iterate on value propositions for product development
- Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with deep technologies.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.