Senior Platform Engineer
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We are seeking a Senior Platform Engineer who has experience building and scaling services in a cloud environment to join our Platform Engineering team. In this role you’ll collaborate with our AI and Software teams to automate and to streamline our production operations and processes. You will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas including but not limited to advancing and pushing existing efforts in the areas of security, configuration management, infrastructure automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment and site reliability engineering.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission. It will also give you access to some of the world’s most advanced systems architecture while challenging your architecture and integration skills as you help to drive our shift to building cloud-native applications.
This position can be fully remote within Canada.
Our Engineering Design Principles
- Favor extensibility and modularity over tailored functionality.
- Maximize flexibility and simplicity in an effort to minimize maintenance and operational overhead.
- Favor pragmatism in evaluating fit for purpose over cost.
- Uniformly apply the principle of least privileged access.
- Build in consistency through convention.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Platform Engineering practicing some form of Agile and DevOps.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with building and scaling AWS infrastructure.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience automating microservice deployments on Kubernetes.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform and Salt.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience managing CI/CD tools such as GitLab or GitHub.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with distributed source code controls systems such as Git.
- You approach infrastructure architecture from a design-driven standpoint with security, reliability and scalability as its core.
- You may have a bias, but you are OS architecture agnostic and are equally comfortable administering either Linux or Windows.
- You are a creative engineer who enjoys implementing systems for complex problems to autonomously understand, interact with and adapt to their end users.
- You enjoy working on cross-disciplinary and agile teams.
- You are fluent in at least 1 object-oriented language.
- You are fluent in some form of scripting language (Python, Unix shell, Powershell).
- You hold a Masters’ degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent years of experience.
- You have working rights for Canada.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog or New Relic.
- Experience with log ingestion and data analytics tools such as Sumo Logic or Splunk.
- Experience with AWS security and auditing tools such as IAM, Config, CloudWatch, CloudTrail and GuardDuty.
- Experience supporting, administering or architecting multi-tenant SaaS applications in AWS.