Infrastructure Engineering Lead
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running on AWS and GCP managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation coupled with our decentralized, microservice architecture allows us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got a few years of experience managing software engineering teams and can lead technical analysis & design, evaluate tradeoffs, and champion best practices
- You have experience designing systems and managing them on cloud infrastructure (We use AWS & GCP)
- You have built containerized services and deployed them to Kubernetes (e.g. GKE, EKS)
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You understand the challenges around maintaining durable and highly available services across multiple teams and environments
- You enjoy automating manual tasks
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite)
- Proficiency with Python, TypeScript, Go, or another programming language
- Familiarity with implementing and adhering to Service Level Objectives and Recovery Objectives
- Soliciting feedback across Engineering and Product to identify pain points and problem areas when working with infrastructure and recommend solutions for them
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Leads a team of 4-7 engineers
- Leverages our career progression framework to develop engineering talent within the team and actively manages the performance of individual contributors
- Works with Engineering and Product Leads to produce design artifacts that describe software architectures involving multiple systems and technologies
- Adopts, contributes, and spreads practices and norms that achieve well designed systems, maintainable code, and productive teams
- Actively drives team improvement through retrospectives and other team activities
- Use your experience, deep technical knowledge, and creativity to simplify development and infrastructure provisioning workflows