Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Tools Intern
The SRE Tools Team builds and maintains software that contributes to Addepar’s business success inside of our product infrastructure, and to make that software available for other users who wish to use and operate it.
We’re looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals to assist us in delivering industry-disrupting infrastructure automation. You’ll help validate tool specifications, test infrastructure automation software before it is released, and work with the infrastructure supporting the Addepar product.
- Involved throughout the SRE Tools team development lifecycle with particular responsibility testing, writing test tooling. In essence you will be writing software to test software.
- Work closely with the SRE Team to enhance and improve features in our infrastructure automation tooling.
- Work closely with internal customers, other Addepar Engineering, Security, and SRE teams, to integrate and use new tools.
- You will learn and experience all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and work with cloud infrastructure in a real life environment.
- Working closely with SRE Tools to build integration test tooling, as well as working in the codebases to identify and improve unit test coverage.
- Working closely with SRE to identify feature and design gaps in emerging Alpha/Beta grade software.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Working towards a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline or an equivalent amount of real-life experience
- Basic UNIX use.
- Experience with Python required, (SRE Tools uses Python3 and boto, for AWS)
- Experience or Interest in standards-based network, internet, and computing infrastructure.
- Experience or Interest in security principles applied to infrastructure design and implementation.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.