Director, Corporate Infrastructure Engineering - Location Flexible
San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
Role DescriptionThe Director of Corporate Infrastructure Engineering manages a global team of technical experts that design, implement, secure, improve, and maintain the global Network and SRE ecosystem. As the head of this critical function, you’ll have the opportunity to drive and influence the strategy and technical direction of services that directly impact all of Dropbox employees worldwide. This role will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of our end-state architecture road-map across these domains: you will set the direction, pace, and targets for the teams to pursue improvements in our services and drive overall performance. You have a deep passion for building secure and reliable systems at scale in a dynamic and fast-moving environment. You are passionate about the development of talent and effectively partner with Key Leadership to deliver the right architecture solution across a diverse array of capabilities.
- Ability to grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers, and continue to instill a culture centered around development, execution, and accountability.
- Ensure your team continues to deliver extraordinary output and continuously seeks ways to deliver an outsized impact.
- Implement as strategy to achieve enterprise availability by creating and maintaining an innovative and stable technology environment, ensuring that business needs are met, issues are resolved in an expedient manner, and root causes are identified.
- Develop a high-level design for stable Network and AV environments that meet the needs of Dropbox, are shared with partners, and are compliant with current security, privacy, and audit requirements.
- Lead collaboration efforts with teams across organizational boundaries with a focus on strong partnerships with key partners such as Security, Real Estate, Operations and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Provide tactical and strategic input for budget, capacity management, team direction.
- Provide succinct and clear communication and the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Leverage automation and orchestration capabilities across the environment and establish process and procedures that promote efficiency, solving day-to-day user problems.
- Demonstrable ability to plan, coordinate, support, and prioritize work and future requirements with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 12 years of related work experience in fast-paced technology environments.
- 10-12 years in Network engineering or SRE infrastructure.
- 5-7 years experience managing a Network and/or Infrastructure engineering teams.
- Seasoned leader with strong technology experience including functional and domain knowledge.
- Experience leading distributed teams across varying geographies.
- Broad knowledge of LAN, WAN, Datacenter, AWS, virtual video technologies (e.g., routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, network and routing protocols, SDN, DNS, VoIP and their related traffic patterns).
- High-level working knowledge of IT infrastructure and technologies (including: operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage, software development, and their related impacts as it pertains to network resources).
- Extensive knowledge of data network architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Experience in cloud migration technologies and building resilient networks to support such endeavors.
- Incident and Change Management (ITIL) - Reporting
- Agile and Agile transformation
Job tags: AWS Reliability engineering Virtualization
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 2 0 0