Systems Engineer - VMware/UCS
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Infrastructure Engineering Team at Pure
The infrastructure engineering team is responsible for Pure Storage’s data centers, supporting engineering and production environments. We work with all engineering teams, including FlashBlade, FlashArray, Pure1 and others to provide reliable services that allow the company to develop new products and features.
What you will be doing:
- Working with a team of system admins in an infrastructure virtualization role in order to help our engineering teams achieve greater efficiency
- Ensure constant availability of our infrastructure maintaining systems to defined SLAs and SLOs
- Owning the lifecycle of our virtualization infrastructure including hardware and storage systems
- Provide advanced technical support for virtualization, storage, and server issues
- Ensure all servers and storage services are properly maintained and upgraded; including backups, monitoring, imaging, and patching
- Developing documentation and runbooks to manage and maintain the virtualization infrastructure
- Capacity planning for an ever growing engineering organization while looking for ways to let us use our resources more efficiently
- 4+ years experience working with and building out VMware and Cisco UCS virtualized environments
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems using Nagios or similar products
- Understanding of metrics and dashboard generation; use of Prometheus and Grafana is a plus
- Fluency in scripting using PowerShell, Python, Perl or Bash
- Familiarity with storage platforms; experience with Pure is a plus
- Fiber Channel and iSCSI block storage experience
- Basic networking and understanding of VLANs, STP, LACP
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience being in an on-call rotation and triaging production issues
- Knowledge in Linux; Centos and Ubuntu would be a plus
- Understanding of how to run DNS, DHCP, PXE, etc.
- Skills around using and managing containers in Kubernetes would a plus.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef is a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.