Software Engineer - VOD Infrastructure
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Video-on-demand (VOD) Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering VOD experience for Twitch users at a global scale while also continuing to iterate on features that add business value, improve operational efficiency, and optimize delivery costs.
We are looking for experienced and motivated full-stack engineers to join our team. Successful candidates will have a track record of building highly available and scalable rich applications. You will work closely with other engineers in our team teams to design, build, deploy and operate highly available systems.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up-like environment and want to invent the future.
The ideal candidate will have spent 5-10 years as a full-stack engineer building complex, distributed systems on the modern web.
- Design, implement, and deploy new services and features
- Write quality code backed by automated unit and integration tests.
- Own and operate the systems based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
- Experienced in building and scaling distributed, highly available cloud based systems
- Experienced in Go, or possess the ability to learn new languages & technologies quickly
- Experienced in owning and operating critical services
- Know Go and have used it in production ready systems.
- Experienced in using and building on AWS
- Start-up experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.