DevOps Engineer - Remote Working (UK)
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020. At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of our Engineering Team:
Zego puts technology first in its mission to define the future of the insurance industry. By focusing on our customers needs we're building the flexible and sustainable insurance products and services that they deserve. And we do that by empowering a diverse, resourceful, and creative team of world-class engineers that thrive on challenge and innovation.
Purpose of the Role:
You will play a key role in shaping the future of the System Engineering function at Zego
- You will be part of the team ultimately responsible for uptime of Zego Platform.
- You will collaborate closely with Product Engineers to help build secure, scalable and reliable products and services.
- You will help us run even more efficient sprints through helping follow Agile Methodologies and apply them to our day to day work.
What you will be working on:
- You will contribute to code reviews and mentoring of other engineers.
- You will contribute to further development of Zego Hosting Platform used by our engineers to build next generation of products and services.
- You will work to improve our existing CI / CD pipelines and delivery processes.
- You will help make our monitoring systems more efficient and user friendly
What you will need to be successful in the Role:
We are looking for people who have analytical and troubleshooting skills, architects and operations minded engineers who embrace DevOps methodologies to improve the product and exhibit a willingness to learn and apply new technology.
Experience should include (preferred):
- Coding and scripting (Bash, Python, Golang)
- Automation - API integrations
- Configuring Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Crossplane)
- Configuration management and Immutable patterns
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP)
- Container management and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Networking (especially in cloud environments, eg. AWS VPC)
What's it like to work at Zego?
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.