Infrastructure and Security Architect, Federal
At Appian, we support our federal customer’s mission by delivering low-code solutions, both on our managed cloud environment and with our customer’s provided infrastructure. Appian’s Customer Success organization works closely with our federal customers, advising and supporting them on how to architect and secure Appian based-solutions. To support this goal, Appian Customer Success, is looking for a Federal Infrastructure and Security Architect to help our federal customers establish the strategy and overarching designs for their private cloud and on-premise implementations, and to guide them through the government’s IT security authorization process.
The architect will have deep experience with architecting cloud base hosting solutions for DoD and/or IC customers, using Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure. Additionally, the candidate will have the experience needed to guide the customer through the design of a government provided end-to-end managed services, including solutioning core operational and governance processes. And the architect will possess a deep understanding of NIST’s Risk Management Framement (RMF), providing the government guidance across all RMF processes and support the development of System Security Packages.
- Work with customers to understand security policies, requirements and compliance needs
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions
- Review results of vulnerability scans and penetration test results and identify solutions
- Work with customer’s CISO office to initiate and guide the team through the ATO process for Appian
- Advise customers (DoD, Intel and FedCiv) on the design, architecture and implementation of Appian solutions on a customer’s private cloud or on-premise hosting solution, and/or integrating Appian government cloud offerings with the customer’s infrastructure.
- Experience architecting and defining DevSecOps pipelines and Infrastructure Automation, using toolsets like Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.
- Advise customers on the architecture, design and implementation of government managed services, including governance and end-to-end operations functions.
- Lead the development of documentation (e.g. SSPs and ICDs) and evidence in support of security controls review
- Review POA&Ms and recommend measures to resolve. Review Health Check reports for any issues that may relate to security and recommend appropriate measures.
- Lead the definition of market offerings and capabilities/IP related to federal infrastructure and security
- Support the development and review of whitepapers and pre-sales solutioning and proposal development
- Maintain expertise of relevant federal government cloud security regulations, directives and industry trends, including FedRAMP, DoD and NIST/FISMA requirements, and serve as Appian’s resident expert on IL4-6 and FedRAMP High requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience advising customers on design and implementation of government cloud computing platforms within the DoD and/or Intel space, and at least 10 years of multi-tier application design and architecture.
- Experience with architecting secure cloud based hosting solutions for federal customers using Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure. Leadership experience designing, architecting or delivering one or more enterprise-level cloud environments (e.g. C2S, JWICS, GovCloud, etc.). Experience architecting cross domain solutions
- At least 5 years of experience architecting secure applications, including designing role-based security, data encryption (at rest and in flight), and multi factor SSO solutions (CAC/PIV)
- Demonstrated experience with the FISMA RMF processes including Impact Level 4 to 6 requirements, and FedRAMP and DoD CSO
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead to application and infrastructure solution design
- Excellent problem solving skills and talent for identifying creative solutions
- Ability to identify and lead the creation of market offerings, and lead the formulation of corporate capabilities and IP
- Knowledge of agile development and DevSecOps
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- AWS Solution Architect Certification and/or Azure Solutions Architect Certification
- CISSP certification, preferred
- Security+ Certification, preferred
- US Citizenship required
- Possession of or ability to obtain a US government DoD clearance. TS/SCI with CI Poly strongly preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.