DevOps Architect, Productivity & Efficiency, Portworx
Mountain View, CA
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
Engineering productivity and efficiency at Portworx focuses on building tools and frameworks that enable the engineering teams to work efficiently. We are looking for an Architect to help us develop and release software at high speed and scale by using a metrics driven approach to measure and improve the way we deliver our software. You will collaborate with various stakeholders, like other Architects, Engineers, Program Managers and Solution Architects. This position has direct visibility to the exec staff, thus presenting a unique opportunity to influence strategic decisions and learn.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Focusing on internal customer support by building internal tools and applications with production quality and user experience in mind;
- Designing and developing developer-experience and improving the CI/CD architecture;
- Rolling out deliverables to internal customers in phases, driving and measuring adoption, collecting feedback, and fine-tuning the project to respond to organizational needs;
- Updating engineering management with progress and help make strategic choices;
- Working closely with the test automation team to deliver impact driven CI/CD pipelines;
- Consulting with other architects across the R&D teams to ensure our solution is addressing developers’ needs;
- Building live insight into the entire engineering journey from the time the last line of code is written to the time the product is shipped;
- Evangelizing modern and upcoming technologies, and practices - make them part of our engineering culture;
- Coding for ~50% of your time.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field - BS with comparable work experience;
- Expertise in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java;
- 12+ years of experience, with significant exposure to productivity engineering and related areas like automation, developer-experience, DevOps, infrastructure as a Service, Cloud etc.;
- Top notch code review skills with an eye for optimization;
- Strong experience with Linux systems (network configuration, web technologies, system settings, common command/utilities);
- Advanced understanding of Kubernetes constructs, containers and design patterns for enterprise SaaS class scale and success;
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker, etc.);
- Intimate knowledge of SCM, CI, Build & Packaging tools (git, Makefiles, Jenkins, Pip, Apt, Artifactory, Docker Registry, Helm etc.);
- Prior experience building/testing large-scale, enterprise class products related to storage, networking and/or virtualization is a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.