Application Developer: DevOps
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Posted 1 month ago
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your day in the role will include...
- Mentor or coach for scrum teams
- Expert into Agile Scrum principals, Task meeting/Retrospective
- Proven in Relative estimation, Story-based development
- Proficient in leading Iteration/sprint planning meeting, Conflict Resolution
- Strong into Business Analysis planning and monitoring, Enterprise Analysis, Requirement management and communication
- Provide objective guidance without personal or political considerations
- Experienced in implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
You will come with...
- Focus on people and Improvement by providing team a platform for improvement not only during the retro but all the time. Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
- Experience to provide training to the team on the agile methodologies
- Implement the winning strategy according as per the ground conditions.
- Agile processes in each sprint at user story level as per the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Successfully run agile projects of varying size and complexity
- Identify project risks and raise them dedicatedly
- Agile process during the project execution; (on the ground to answer all the questions immediately).
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- DevOps Agile SME with deep execution experience in the area of hybrid cloud based complex systems using Agile and DevOps practices.
- The SME brings deep tooling expertise to enable end-to-end automation of planning, development, deployment and run - manage of hybrid multi-cloud systems (Google Cloud Platform/ On-Prem) that includes non-native cloud components. Experience in deploying microservices applications with Jenkins, Urban Code, Maven, Gulp etc. on MicroServices Kubernetes platform and also experienced in working with Docker Image repositories. Should have working experience in integrating jenkins with Unit Test and Code quality tools like Junit, SonarQube. Performs installation and configuration of the build tool for build automation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Devops Agile SME
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Docker Google Cloud Platform Kubernetes