Director of DevOps
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Posted 1 month ago
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Director of DevOps to innovate, win and grow with us in our Banking Solutions line of business. The Director will help transform our current products into modern-day technologies and play a major part with payments/cash management solutions.
This position can be based out of our Portsmouth, NH; South Portland, ME; Garden City, NY or our Alpharetta, GA office- or an open location on the East Coast.
How you’ll contribute:
- Managing a team of DevOps engineers (onshore and offshore)
- Leveraging configuration management and automation platforms such as Git, Puppet, Jenkins, Capistrano, Docker and Kubernetes
- Configuring and managing of enterprise monitoring and alerting tools such as ELK APM, Grafana, Nagios, New Relic and OEM
- Actively use problem triage/solving skills and ability to work independently in order to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Help to launch an off-shore DevOps delivery center based in India. Establish run books, training and operational excellence in this newly sanctioned engineering center
- Establish the service delivery culture for our growing cloud business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the Cloud Engineering team.
- Delivery of high performance and highly scalable cloud services at an optimized cost point
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the production support of our cloud services and to the streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Work across the engineering team to influence software development to meet the cloud needs and influence product and cloud engineering to improve the manageability and the supportability of the cloud products.
- Resolution of audit items around, access, inventory, vulnerabilities and end of life
What will make you successful:
- 7+ year of general DevOps and/or Cloud Engineering experience, with experience in both Linux and MS Windows environments
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- A familiarity with the Agile methodology
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks (Perl, Bash, Ruby, Python or similar)
- Knowledge of Terraform and Puppet would be preferred
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker) would be preferred
- Understanding of modern web application architectures
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBT
Keywords: DevOps, Terraform, Puppet