SaaS Platform Engineer
Eden Prairie, MN
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a SaaS Platform Engineer to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
As the SaaS Platform Engineer you will guide, supervise, and provide in-depth technical expertise to both internal and external technical teams on the design, build and deployment of Office 365 and Atlassian including SharePoint, Jira, and Confluence systems administration to support existing and future systems and to enable seamless integration into the company environments globally. There will be a focus on Office 365 cloud infrastructure and configuration management to leverage corporate identity, network connectivity, and device type, helping to improve employee productivity. Utilizing your expert experience of Office 365 and Atlassian architecture, administration, and best practice recommendations combined with a strong current and deep experience in security, legal and regulatory/compliance controls required for cloud environments. You will be responsible for leading the engineering, design, testing, migration tooling, and support model of the enterprise messaging and collaboration tool sets to Office 365.
· Administer and support Office 365 suite configurations and policies. Analyze, troubleshoot and deliver Microsoft cloud solutions on Azure and Office 365 platforms.
· Provide subject matter expertise of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure with emphasis in security (Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) policies for Office 365, SSO Integrations, migration management and support of large-scale implementations, architectural design. Service Health monitoring using Office 365 console and actively respond based on system alerts and notification.
· You will provide subject matter expertise in Compliance & data retention leveraging Office 365 Data Loss Protection (DLP), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), & Native Office 365 capabilities such as retention policies including Office 365 eDiscovery & Advanced eDiscovery.
· Evaluate needs and deliver solutions using OneDrive, SharePoint and other Office 365 collaboration tools.
· Architecture and engineering of Microsoft Office 365 Groups, providing deep technical knowledge on various cloud architecture elements deployed in an enterprise environment.
· Work with Cybersecurity on vulnerability remediation to enhance the organization’s security posture.
· Facilitate the migration of data into the Office 365 cloud platform and Office OneDrive from other external providers.
· Experience with PowerShell, LDAP, Active Directory, Azure, file transfer protocols, API’s and troubleshooting dataflows.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and nontechnical messages to all levels of staff.
· You will provide subject matter expertise with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence.
· Administrating our corporate, internal, and global Jira and Confluence instances.
· Managing and enhancing existing projects, workflows, issue types, custom fields, permissions, and related items within Jira.
· Working with stakeholders to develop new projects, workflows, issue types, custom fields, permissions, and related items within Jira to meet business requirements.
· Creating and managing spaces within Confluence for end users to produce content in.
· Administering and configuring authentication, groups, licensing, add-ons, integrations etc. for Jira, Confluence, and Atlassian Cloud.
· Provide end-user assistance for the Atlassian suite as second tier escalation from help desk when necessary.
· Ability to travel within US and Internationally.
· Experience working Microsoft Cloud platform.
· Experience working with all aspects of Office 365.
· Understanding of how Office 365 federates with other services, platforms, and Identity Providers.
· Understanding of migrating exchange (on-premises or cloud), G-suite, and/or other email platform to Office 365.
· Full understanding of Office 365 security and complain platform.
· Understanding of Office 365 licensing models.
· Experience working with and writing PowerShell scripts within Office 365.
· Experience working with Atlassian cloud stack including JIRA and Confluence administration.
· Understanding of Jira/Confluence add-ons and integration workflows.
· Experience integrating Jira with other cloud platforms and tools.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 3-5 years of experience working in Office 365.
· Advanced knowledge of Office 365 integration process.
· Knowledge of 365 Compliance and Security platform.
· Basic understanding of Office 365 licensing model and structure.
· Knowledge and experience with Okta, macOS and Windows OS.
· Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills.
· Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to work in a team environment with a can-do attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones.
· Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
· Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers to translate complicated concepts to non-technical audiences as needed.
· Strong security first mindset is a must for this role.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com.