Senior Software Engineer, Service Infrastructure
Pittsburgh, PA and Palo Alto, CA
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Overwatch team at Argo is responsible for building on-vehicle AV software, cloud microservices, and their underlying framework to manage and monitor fleets of self-driving vehicles. That includes the ability to visualize all autonomous vehicles on a map, initiate ride requests per vehicle, track critical vehicle metrics and expose all this functionality as partner-facing API’s. Remote Operations is one key aspect of what we do. It goes into remote diagnostics, troubleshooting and taking action.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and deliver Remote Operations capabilities that will be used to support the operational fleet
- Provide technical mentoring to the Remote Operations team and other related teams
- Leverage high-performance robotics middleware to integrate the cloud and on-vehicle infrastructure
- Develop the C++ data collection and command execution components to support Remote Operations on the autonomous vehicle
- Develop the C++ communication components that work with the backend
- Collaborate with backend service developers, both on the Remote Operations team and within the wider Offboard cloud development org
- Work closely with vehicle operations and autonomy integrations teams on developing, releasing and improving Remote Operations capabilities
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-team critical programs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Deep expertise in modern C++
- Solid understanding in networking and distributed systems
- Experience in systems programming and the POSIX operating system interface
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.