DevOps Cloud Engineer
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
The Technical Support Engineer position at Bottomline Technologies is a challenging and rewarding one. In this role you will work with Cyber Fraud and Risk Management (CFRM) systems to triage and analyze technical issues, many based in Production environments. Activities of this role include triaging, troubleshooting, planning, implementing, testing, and documenting. Some issues will be worked and resolved entirely by the Support Engineer directly, while others will need escalation and liaison with other teams at Bottomline. Working with new technologies, the satisfaction of identifying and preventing/improving recurring problems, and collaborating with others - from project managers to system administrators – are just some of the benefits this role has to offer. Support Engineers are vital to Bottomline’s success as they provide timely and efficient fixes and updates to keep our customers happy.
This position is based at our Englewood Cliffs, NJ location or remote in NA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Triaging new support requests and communicating with customers to collect necessary information, get clarification, and keep them updated on status
- Analyzing configurations, workflows, and code to identify defects in Bottomline’s Cyber Fraud and Risk Management (CFRM) solutions
- Implementing fixes for defects
- Contributing to automation tools/reports that improve support of both internal and external customers
- Creating/updating documentation and wiki articles
- Providing regular updates to Customer Service about the status of support requests
- Join calls with financial institution customers and other teams at Bottomline representing and fielding questions on Bottomline’s CFRM solutions
- Some Travel (on average one week every ten weeks)
Education and Experience:
- 4 year college degree (in CS or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of Support and customer facing experience. Experience with financial market customers an advantage.
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts; development experience in Oracle, MySQL or similar enterprise
- Java experience
- Solid experience in Windows and Linux or other UNIX based OS
- Experience with Network hardware, Network capturing devices and Network protocols a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences
About Bottomline Technologies:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation and Cyber Fraud prevention solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Please Note: Bottomline Technologies does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees