Senior Openshift Deployment Specialist
Bucharest, Bucuresti, RO
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure availability, reliability, and performance of OpenShift/Container Platform.
- Coordinate, escalate, resolve, and close any service request, incident, problem, and change management issues assigned to the team.
- Perform patching, software implementations, and upgrades to RedHat OpenShift technologies.
- Worked varied schedules including on-call responsibilities through a team rotation.
- Automation of operational tasks. Identify and contribute to automation activities. Implement automation that will support regular operational activities - patching, health checks, application operational tasks etc.
- Provides technical expertise in the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecture and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or 5+ years in a technical role or equivalent
- 5+ Years Linux, Windows, Networking, and/ or Storage expert.
- Hands on experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud products
- Administration experience of Redhat OpenShift v4.x
- Strong DevOps/ CI/CD process architecture/engineering
- Familiarity with scripting, NFS/SAN, DNS. Proficient operating in a VMware based infrastructure.
- Engineering and architecting enterprise grade solutions for hardware and Software issues.
- Familiar with database, middleware technologies
- Network familiarity as well as general application delivery and routing concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Prometheus and Grafana opensource monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Redhat DataGrid and/or Redis in-memory data store.
- Strong understanding of load-balancing, DNS and networking expertise.
- Build and development technologies like Maven and Jenkins.
- Automation and management technologies like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible by Red Hat.
- Version control technologies like Bitbucket and Git (GitHub or GitLab).
- Solid understanding of Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Red Hat, AWS, Azure, Google, or IBM Cloud Certified Architect certification.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure CD Chef CI Docker Git Gitlab Grafana Kubernetes Linux Prometheus Puppet RedHat Redis VMware Windows
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 1 0 0