Devops Engineer, Warsaw, Poland
What is Box? Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong engineers to help us achieve that goal. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California. Why Box needs you The Desktop team builds applications that bring the power of Box's content platform to where users get their work done - on their Windows and MacOS devices. Our desktop applications help users access and collaborate on their documents from cloud with the familiarity of their local computer and local applications. In this role you will work on the foundational tools and frameworks - from Continuous Integration to our Release Framework, Product Health indicators to Functional Test frameworks - to allow the whole team to be productive and deliver products to customers with high quality. We are looking for strong teammates who enjoy building solutions for other engineers. What you will do
- You'll collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a team of talented engineers in both our headquarters and the Warsaw office.
- You'll work with the product engineering teams and cross functional teams to build, maintain, and improve tooling and frameworks that support the whole team's ability to build enterprise grade products.
- You'll work with a variety of systems from CI systems to tiered release systems, metric ingestion to automation frameworks, to tackle the top problems impacting team productivity.
- You'll dig deep and investigate the pain-points in our development processes and systems. Then we'll fix them!
- You'll lead and participate in design, planning and architecture discussions.
- You'll research and propose various design approaches and present corresponding pros and cons to fellow engineers and management.
- You have 3+ years of development experience or operations experience
- You are proficient in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Go), and have knowledge of software design principles
- You have strong design and analytical skills
- You are familiar with modern unit-testing and functional-testing frameworks and methodologies
- You have a history of collaboration and success in small, high-velocity agile teams
- You enjoy building tools and frameworks for other engineers
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Practical experience managing jobs and pipelines for CI/CD and SCM solutions like Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Practical experience managing VMs of different types and associated tools like Ansible
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner
- Experience with VSphere and/or ESXi
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Mac and Windows
- Practical experience with networking
- Experience with NodeJS
Job tags: Ansible CD CI Go Java Linux Python Unix Windows
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 0 0 0