Software Engineer, (Build Reliability)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
Posted 1 month ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FULL STACK (BUILD RELIABILITY)
We are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to design, develop, and continuously improve software solutions ensuring our vehicles can be built and flown reliably. This involves streamlining quality control processes, simplifying new product introduction, ensuring product traceability, as well as optimizing rocket and spacecraft reusability.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on our Build Reliability team, you will engage with other SpaceX engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality. You will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support. You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
- Build highly reliable software solutions that may be used by users across SpaceX
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as a responsible engineer for various software products
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Deep dive into your users’ problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Seek out faults within our application suite or ERP suite and implement solutions to improve
- Track usage of Applications and features and suggest/implement features to improve them
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline or 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering without a degree
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web services, relational databases, and client application
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in web applications development
- Experience as an architect - proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
- Expertise in C#, .NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
- Expertise in Python, PostgreSQL
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming and design principles
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Experience developing software for manufacturing, production, or quality systems
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.