Cloud Engineer - Raleigh, NC
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
At IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office in Research Triangle Park. There is no remote work option post covid. We are co-located in the office, but maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices - which includes ongoing support for an in-office/remote office balance during these unusual times.
There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
*** IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
In this Cloud Engineer role, you will provide scientific leadership and execution to support our business products and services!
- Design, build, and operate large-scale production systems running on Hybrid Cloud.
- Design and implement Cloud solutions using the market-leading best practices.
- Design and implement a touchless automation process to a provision the infrastructure using IaC technology.
- Implement proactive 24/7 Monitored platform using AIOps technologies.
- Design and implement security solutions to secure Cloud platform and Linux systems
- Document the critical components and processes.
- Assisting 100+ developers through our Journey to build on Hybrid Cloud.
- Manage the network security rules using an internal IBM solution.
- Support production assets as part of a rotating support role.
- Agile squad activities such as backlog grooming and sprint planning.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, Dockers
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- 2+ years of experience identifying, designing, and implementing Cloud solutions
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring and observability such as with Sysdig, New Relic, LogDNA and Dynatrace.
- 2+ years of experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- Knowledge of security considerations of cloud computing: including data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, advanced persistent threats, data loss, and DoS attacks
- A strong understanding of diverse infrastructure platforms and infrastructure concepts
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in IBM Hybrid Cloud
- Experience in Capacity Engineering
- Development background
- Experience in DevSecOps
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0