Senior DevOps Engineer
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, LT
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. You will have a real passion for the philosophy of DevOps which they'll be able to use to their advantage and deliver value for our clients. Your role will involve designing and deploying solutions to the cloud which will allow: automatic provisioning and management of environments; the capability to continuously integrate; containerization functionality and the automation of testing.
- Analyze and design a DevOps roadmap
- Apply DevOps methodology and tools in conventional or Cloud environments
- Analyze and design the software build, deployment and release requirements for a project
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- To be part of international projects based on your experience, career goals, and personal aspirations
- Premium, full life-cycle work experience on high-profile IT solutions with a direct impact on people and businesses
- Possibilities to apply the latest methodologies and technology in your daily work
- Personalized professional growth, mentoring, training, and clear career progression
- Flexible work & life balance
- Remote work opportunities
- Compensation according to the market top rates
- Private health insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- CI/CD: Jenkins, UrbanCode
- Linux: Administration, Scripting (Bash, KSH, Python)
- Windows: Administration, Scripting (PowerShell), AD policies
- Networking: basic technical knowledge
- Databases: basic technical knowledge
- Virtualization: VMware
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud
- Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Terraform
- Monitoring tools: prometeus, grafana, ELK, etc.
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Compose
- Version Control: Gitlab, Rational RTC BuildForge.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Bash CD Chef CI Docker ELK Gitlab Grafana Kubernetes Linux Puppet Python Salt Terraform Virtualization VMware Windows
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 0 0 0