Senior DevOps Engineer
Welcome to Jetty — a new financial services company giving renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations. Our goal is to build intuitive solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for designing, deploying, configuring, monitoring, and improving our highly available infrastructure built natively on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. In this role, you will work closely with the Jetty Product Engineering team to support a software development life cycle which rapidly delivers to our customers. This is a technical role expected to engineer, debug, review, and contribute code to the infrastructure as needed using modern technology methodologies.
What you will do:
- Build, maintain, and support all cloud-based infrastructure that runs all of Jetty’s technical infrastructure including the web application, back-end systems, and SaaS partners
- Develop software to produce high quality, readable, testable, maintainable code
- Use your experience and enthusiasm to partner with fellow engineers to tackle their technical and operational challenges and driving Jetty to adopt best practices
- Design a platform for reliable, fault tolerant, scalable, and performant applications
- Use modern monitoring, alerting, logging, and analysis tools to provide the team insight to the health of our systems
- Available to perform on-call duties for emergencies, but is motivated to design systems to try to avoid these situations
- Help foster a culture of security, and enforce comprehensive security best practices throughout Jetty’s infrastructure and code
- 7+ years of DevOps experience with a background administering scalable infrastructure in a cloud environment, AWS preferred
- Experience with container technologies, modern source control tools, and CI/CD build/deployment tools
- Experience with networking, Linux systems administration, and common cryptography practices
- Experience with configuration-as-code management and tooling to manage those configurations
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash and Python, as well as SQL
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Has a strong sense of leadership, ownership, and a bias for action, but can balance it with empathy and understanding
- Is a self-directed leader with a passion for building and supporting excellent engineering teams
- Has the ability to design scalable and maintainable technical solutions in a fast paced, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Understands the need to collaborate effectively in writing and in person, create and document processes where needed, and to assist in delivering effective solutions to our customer on schedule
- Has an opinion on how to build systems for scale, will advocate for that position, but once a decision is made will fully commit to making the project successful
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and the flexibility to thrive in a start-up atmosphere of constant change and growth with a healthy dose of humor
- Willingness to pitch in, from time to time, to help with technology efforts that may be outside the traditional scope of DevOps
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams working remotely around the country. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break, and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Remote work stipend
- Childcare stipend