Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Are you passionate about bringing global teams together using the latest communication software? Do you love working in Perl but discovered that Python has it's advantages too? If you have acted as the glue working within a Unix infrastructure writing customized automations then you might be Fivesky's next Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Who you are:
- A wizard with Perl and/or Python development/scripting
- The go to person when it comes to automation and learning communication software would be a nice challenge (Chat, voice and video)
- You understand network infrastructure concepts
- The security gatekeeper always keeping best security practices front of mind
You’ve done some of this:
- 5+ years experience working with Python and/or Perl
- Maintained and improved communication software components using your programming and scripting skills
- Worked with wireshark and network infrastructure tools
- Worked with the business teams as a Windows or Linux system administrator
- Brought people together using communication tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Slack
What you will do:
- Improve the way Symphony Communications platforms interfaces with other communication components like Teams, Slack and Zoom
- Transition older automations written in Perl to Python
- Put together slick Wikis
- Be the face for vendors and stakeholders concerning collaboration projects
- Bring to life the business communication technology plan
- Implement and maintain cloud and on premise security procedures
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Have fun!
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.