System Administrator - Windows/VMWare/Linux
Montreal, Quebec, CA
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is for a System Administrator who supports VMWare server platform, primarily at the OS level, in providing day to day (problem/change), security compliance, and project support for commerical accounts.
- Problem Management - response, analysis, determination, resolution, root cause analysis, and oncall off hour support.
- Change Management - plan, schedule, create, execute/implement, and understanding of the process and tools.
- Server Backup/Restore support.
- Security compliance - APAR patching, User ID management, health check remediation, server build/hardening, and audit support. Linux and Intel/Windows Server version upgrades associated with maintaining version currency within the server environment.
- Support of associated Intel software products: Active Directory, Vmware (ESX, Vcenter, SSO, Update Manager), DNS, Dhcp, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, FTP - Secure FTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, Trend Micro AntiVirus, Symantec Antivius, Qradar, Bladecentre, HP Blade C7000 servers, TSM, Hyperic/VCOPS, Flex Systems and HA/DR.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Canadian Federal Government Security Clearance Level 2 - Secret.
- Business skills required :
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Demonstrated track record as a team player.
- Technical Knowledge (skill level required 1 - 5) required: [ 1 = no knowledge, 5 = expert ].
2-3 Experience in Agile methodologies and in Agile driven projects.
1-3 Experience in Red Hat Ansible Delivery Automation and playbooks.
1-3 Expertise in Java and Python scripting
1-3 Experience in playbook development.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Intel and/or Nutanix.
- Linux Red Hat SA certification.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Java Linux Python VMware Windows
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0