AWS DevOps Engineer - Remote
Remote - Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
Join a team of world-class DevOps engineers working on exciting projects in cool industries.
Caylent is a rapidly growing dev-ops-as-a-service consulting firm. We specialize in working with Kubernetes for cloud-native projects. Our engineers enjoy wearing various hats of a boutique firm without corporate headaches.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction.
If these things matter to you, read on, and apply. NOTE: Not able to provide sponsorship.
- This position is responsible for proactively communicating with clients in a collaborative fashion to provide the best scenario and solution to their issues. This may involve architecture, development, project management, and/or a range of other things.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Construct and plan joint backlogs
- Kickoff new client engagements
- Participate in standups, sprint planning retrospectives, and more
- Automate, streamline, and optimize cost on client operations and processes
- Structure and maintain software configuration management systems
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Re-architect and implement Serverless Framework, improving its scale, performance, and stability to grow the customer base using Scrum methodology
- Design and build large-scale systems with global impact in areas of distributed cloud computing, with opportunities of leading massive-scale architecture design and implementation
- Develop applications to optimize infrastructure operations/management, improve user productivity, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, leading large-scale projects
- A passion for delivering zero-defect code and for ensuring your deliverables meet or exceed expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Certifications in: AWS preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the following:
- Production-ready operations, preferably supporting highly available environments.
- Designing and maintaining modern application CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, GCP)
- Strong expertise developing applications in Serverless Frameworks, S3, SNS, SQS, CircleCI, CloudFront, Lambda
- Databases PostgreSQL and some MongoDB
- GraphQL, Apollo a plus
- Designing and creating Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Container orchestration tools, especially Kubernetes
- YAML configuration management tools (e.g. Helm, Ansible)
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging
Nice to have qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- AWS Professional Certificates
- Kubernetes Certificates
- Google Cloud Certificates
- 100% remote work from home or in a shared workspace
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Salary in USD
- The company provides a laptop of your choice
- Generous Holidays and unlimited paid time off
- A generous bonus for each new certification
- Paid for Exams and Certifications
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- Paid Online Continuing Education
- Internal Training
- Internal Technical Library
- Individual Professional Development Plan
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & Cloud Community Centric corporate culture including Meetups, Conferences etc.