DevOps / SRE (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins) - Europe, Remote
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
Plentific is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK and Germany, with offices in the US and Turkey. Its mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. The platform empowers landlords and property managers to manage their properties and internal trades workforce, source local trade talent, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before. The end-to-end solution offers a flexible approach to compliance management, repairs reporting and delivery, ensuring landlords and property managers can be confident that their property meets necessary standards.
Since 2013, Plentific has:
- Dramatically improved outcomes by speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within local communities.
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
- Entered partnerships with social enterprises to help people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
Plentific has been recognised by multiple awarding bodies since its inception, including:
- ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards 2018.
- ‘Business Change/Transformation’ Award at the UK Business Awards 2019.
- Recognised as ‘Professional Services Partner’ at the UK Housing Awards 2019.
- Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
- Featured on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list 2020.
- Most Collaborative Business Award - PropTech at the UK Proptech Awards 2020.
Following a major funding round, Plentific has recently expanded into the US multi-family market and has plans to enter the wider professional and commercial real estate sector in Europe this year.
In sum, Plentific is a technology-led business developing cutting-edge solutions - and that’s only possible to do with a great team. Our culture is open, empowering and fast-paced. If you’re tenacious, passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
This is a fully remote position based anywhere in Europe. We currently have a number of remote engineers based in the UK, Germany, Turkey, Poland, Ukraine, Italy, Slovakia, Spain and Romania.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and driven DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team and take on significant responsibility from day one. You will monitor site reliability, design new system architectures and maintain existing infrastructure. You will also be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of our CI/CD pipelines.
- Improve and refine existing cloud infrastructure, based mainly on Kubernetes over AWS EKS
- Champion and subsequently introduce new technologies and improve CI/CD workflows
- Ensure process repeatability, track/document any changes to infrastructure, assist development teams during deployment/downtime activities
- Work with QA and test automation engineers to develop and maintain a robust test infrastructure
- Design architectural solutions for product improvements and feature requests
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting, maintenance and logging
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Help ensure the team continues to evolve and improve in everything we do, and how we do it
- Coach new joiners to grow a solid DevOps team
- 5+ years of experience as a software and/or DevOps engineer
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS ecosystem (AWS certifications preferred)
- Excellent understanding of security
- Proven hands-on experience in Linux, Git, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Jenkins or an equivalent CI/CD tool
- Software development experience in Python a large advantage
- Excellent knowledge of networking protocols
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency
- BSc in computer science, engineering or another computational field
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Flexible working
- Learning and development fund
- An inherently diverse culture with over 18 nationalities and 21 languages spoken