Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Remote (United States or Canada)
CircleCI seeks an experienced Staff Engineer who is excited to craft the future of our internal development platform. You’ll join a distributed team in an engineering organization that values teamwork, trust, and learning. We’re growing fast and looking for folks to join our mission: enabling thousands of developers to do better work every single day.
About the Team
Reliability Teams at CircleCI are composed of 4 teams: SRE, macOS SRE, Infrastructure Engineering, and Developer Tooling.
- Fosters a culture of observability, availability, and monitoring.
- Assist teams to leverage tools to gain better insight into the behavior of their systems in production.
- Collaborate across teams to evolve our architecture.
- Write sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Participate in rotating on-call duties
The SRE team works closely with engineering teams across the organization to help improve the production-readiness, performance and observability of our services.
- Help guide the stability and performance of services offered by CircleCI
- Work closely with product development teams to make services operable, resilient, reliable and predictable
Do you love collaboration and teamwork? Are you eager to learn new things and help others learn, too? Are you a strong communicator in both synchronous and asynchronous mediums? If so, here’s the additional qualities we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of backend development experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- An interest in the complete product development process (requirements gathering, user interviews, design, implementation, testing, documentation, etc).
- Ability to see problems and projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams that deliver high-quality code with strong testing practices.
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team, providing technical mentorship wherever possible.
- Participates in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
How to apply
Submit your application online via the Apply Now button. Optionally, include a cover letter that describes why you're interested in working for CircleCI and summarize how your experience and career goals fit the qualifications for the position. If you have a preference for one of the four reliability teams, do let us know!
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E4. If you are not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.