DevOps Developer – (Java.Core/DevOps)
Calgary, Alberta, CA
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, forward thinking DevOps Developer, with a passion for growth and innovation. As a DevOps Developer you will develop applications based on Java/J2EE technology stack using Java as the programming language. This role requires experience on development of enterprise applications using Java technologies such as core Java, JSP, Servlet, Java beans, Java 2 Enterprise Edition, etc.
* A curious and fast learner;
* Able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation;
* A team player interested to be part of a senior team of talented developers;
* Opened to learn new software development processes, like test-driven developing or domain-driven design;
* Motivated by challenges and new opportunities including learning technologies, products and platforms like IBM WebSphere Application Server, MQ, Bluemix, Jenkins, IBM Mobile First Platform.
Key responsibilities include:
* Building and maintaining DevOps capabilities to support agile product development, including automated builds, automated infrastructure and application deployments, automated testing;
* Coordinating technical changes across teams for successful and timely delivery of projects;
* Overall supporting and managing project application environments.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* This job role requires hybrid skills with strong Java development background and hands-on exposure to DevOps methodology.
* Minimum 3 years of DevOps experience in creating, integrating, and supporting automated deployment pipelines in Jenkins, working with Java, NodeJS, .NET;
* Minimum 1 year of administrative experience with the following tools: Jenkins, Nexus;
* Strong expertise Good working experience with build tools, especially Maven, Junit, Ant, NPM;
* Good working experience with configuration management;
* Good working experience with using and troubleshooting cloud virtual machines using Open Stack and Cloudify or AWS, Azure, Bluemix, Google Cloud for development and production environments;
* Good working experience with scripting and debugging cloud infrastructure provisioning automation [TOSCA blueprint];
* Strong understanding of and practical experience with deploying, configuring and managing Linux, Windows, SQL, Oracle server infrastructure on enterprise scale.
Auxiliary Skill set:
* Good working experience with Git, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, HipChat;
* Proficiency with JIRA is an asset;
* Strong scripting skills in Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML;
* Good understanding of WAS/AIX, host environments.
* Practical experience of software deployment, versioning and release management processes.
* Practical experience of supporting software development and production environments.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as Above.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0